Thursday, September 1, 2011

September!


Where have I been? Busy enjoying the summer but it is time to get into September. Yoga sutra 1:1, "Atha Yoga Anushasanam!" Now begins the study of yoga!

On Tuesday, September 13, at 5:30 pm, I start leading a Basic Yoga Flow practice at the WRAC. It is 40-45 minutes of bliss! The practice moves at a gentler and slower speed than my Power Class but you still get stronger, more flexible, and dump some stress along the way. The asanas and the progression through them will pretty much stay the same from class to class (with maybe a few surprises) so it is a comfortable practice as well.

I'm still teaching Hot Power Yoga at 6:45 pm on Monday and Wednesdays.

If you want a pass for 3 free classes just let me know!

I went to the R.I.P.P.E.D instructor training last weekend. It was a blast! It shot me right out of my comfort zone---always a good thing! The workout is based on high intensity interval training so it MOVES! Take a look at rippedusa.com.

Speaking of ripped, now go read this article by Tim Henriques on steady-state walking---the opposite of high intenisty interval training.

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/most_recent/get_ripped_get_walking

Greet the day and the new month with a deep breath and gratitude!

Namaste,

Dean

No comments:

Post a Comment